As the firm’s target state business operating model becomes clear, a strategic implementation road-map will be needed to support the budgeting and planning process. Project planning tools such as MS Project are too low level and cumbersome. The Field Effect has developed strategic road-mapping techniques to support rapid exploration of alternative implementation scenarios, enabling easy cost/benefit comparison of different approaches, supported by skill/resource peak requirement. We accelerate the road-mapping approach with sophisticated tooling that enables rapid re-modelling and analysis of alternate scenarios supported by our library of historical Units-Of-Change cost and effort estimates.
The Field Effect road-mapping approach includes:
- Strategic units of change (UOC) identification
- Delivery and benefit milestones
- Skill and resource profiling
- Effort and costing techniques such as “estimating poker”
- Dependency mapping
- Benefits profiling and ROI “hockey-stick”
- Customer impact profiling
- Work-stream design and project alignment
The Field Effect can help you quickly develop your strategic road-map to validate your business plan and to support your initial / final budget submission process. It also provides a template against which existing strategic programmes can be benchmarked.
If you think TFE could help your business please get in touch